An IoT Roadshow with NBT and Partners Engages Germany's Mittelstand
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TechCrunch recently stated: “It is widely accepted that the next wave of important technologies consists of AI, drones, AR/VR, cryptocurrencies, self-driving cars, and the “Internet of Things (IoT).” IoT is currently driving digital transformation – enabling new business models and services which are data-based.
According to Harald Zapp, CEO of Next Big Thing (NBT) – a company builder in IoT and blockchain – “We can expect 50 billion connected devices by 2025, 44 ZB of data, and $17 trillion of value associated with that data.” Large corporations tend to already harness big data but small and medium-sized business can also profit from it with the right partners in place.
To address how SME’s can learn about, and benefit from, advantages provided by IoT, NBT has partnered with Exxeta and the BVMW to bring IoT to the German Mittelstand in the form of an IoT Roadshow. This IoT Roadshow kicks off this week and will soon sweep 5 cities across Germany.
The roadshow will explore and define key areas, where participants can interactively develop and share ideas via design-thinking workshops on:
- Development of data-based products and services
- Monetization of IoT and design of disruptive business models
- Getting to know opportunities and risks through new methods of co-development
- Discovery of innovative solutions (real-use-cases) in 9 different areas
- New technology layers and guidelines displacing old processes and systems
As the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy’s de:hub for IoT, the Next Big Thing AG joins the Bundesverband mittelständische Wirtschaft , Unternehmerverband Deutschlands eV (BVMW), Mittelstand 4.0. Kompetenzzentrum Berlin, Exxeta AG for workshops on the following dates in May and June:
- May 28, 2018 in Aschaffenburg (Johannesberg)
- May 29, 2018 in Koblenz
- June 11, 2018 in Minden
- June 12, 2018 in Heidelberg
- June 14, 2018 in Berlin
We hope to see you there! You can sign up here.